From product concept to production configuration
Corus Product Design has worked on over 50 instrumentation and medical device design projects. Here is a small sample of our work.
Corus Product Design is a product design and engineering consulting company serving manufacturers of instrumentation and medical device products.
A full range of product design services
From concept to configuration
Corus has internal resources in Mechanical, Electronic Hardware and Software/Firmware Design. This partnership between disciplines allows us to offer our clients a full range of product development services that start with product conceptualization and go right through to production configuration.
Design for manufacturing
We have worked in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing so we understand how to design for manufacturing. We listen to your requirements and tailor a project around your needs.
Experienced and Competitive
With a product development process that has been refined in dozens and dozens of projects, we are confident that we can deliver outstanding results at a competitive price. Contact us today for a project consultation.
At Corus we take pride in having in-house expertise in mechanical, electrical and software engineering. We also consult on Quality Assurance and Manufacturing.
- 3D Models for parts and assemblies
- Technical drawings for mechanical parts and assemblies
- Plastic injection mold part design
- Sheet metal design
- CNC machined component design
- Test fixture and jig design
- Production and prototype tooling
- Rapid prototyping and proof of concept
- Keypad and label design
- Mechanical component and fastener selection
- Plastic material selection
- Vendor sourcing
SOFTWARE AND FIRMWARE DESIGN
- Software design in C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java for Windows and Android
- Firmware design in C/C++ and assembler for a variety of microcontrollers including ARM (TI and NXP), TI MSP430, PIC (16, 18 and 24 families), Atmel AVR, 8051 family and Zilog Z80
- Real Time Operating System (RTOS) integration
- Communications protocol: IrDA, Bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi, Modbus
HARDWARE AND ELECTRONICS DESIGN
- Digital circuit design
- Analog circuit design
- Low power/battery design
- Wireless: ZigBee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Communications Interface: USB, Ethernet, CAN, RS-232, RS-485
- Sensors and signal conditioning
- Data acquisition and logging
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium
- Management of PCB fabrication
- DfX (i.e. Design for Manufacturability/Test)
- Design for EMC (EMI, ESD, RF Sensitivity)
- Design for regulatory compliance (CSA, UL, FCC, CE, ATEX)
MANUFACTURING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Outsource consulting
- Process capability
- Regulatory compliance submission and management
- Manufacturing procedures
- Design validation
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Prototyping and proof of concept
Contact us today for a project consultation
Corus Product Design is a partnership between disciplines created to offer our clients a full range of product development services from product concept to production configuration. Each of the four partners has more than fifteen years of experience in product design and realization.
Kevin has a Bachelor of Engineering degree from McGill University. He has 19 years of experience in quality assurance, product management and product development with AIM Safety, IST-AIM, Aerion Technologies and 3M. Kevin is dedicated to finding the best product solution for Corus’ clients. His areas of specialty are: defining new product ideas, project management for product development, preparing products for the manufacturing environment.
Art has a Bachelor of Applied Science degree and 24 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering with AIM Safety, IST-AIM, Aerion Technologies, 3M and Corus. He has been awarded 4 patents and is the recipient of the Circle of Technical Excellence and Innovation Award from 3M
Cristian has a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and 21 years of experience in Software Development with SC Nicolina, IST-AIM, Aerion Technologies, 3M and Corus. He has been awarded 2 patents.
Mike has a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Queen’s University. He has 12 years of experience in electronics design with Nortel Networks, Canadian Marconi Company and Corus.