Uses off-the-shelf lamp and sensor and custom design housing to provide signal that is changed in the presence of CO2. Custom electronics and firmware analyze the signal and determine concentration correcting for pressure, temperature, lamp drift, and calibration.
CORUS involvement in the design
- Propose benefits of research project to develop sensor rather than purchase an off-the-shelf sensor
- Select and test off-the-shelf lamp and sensor
- Develop hardware platform for testing sensor
- Develop firmware for testing sensor
- Conduct sensor testing to characterise sensor
- Develop products based on sensor